And Rachel Was His Wife
She was wealthy and wise; he was an ignorant servant. She gave up a vast inheritance and a privileged lifestyle to marry the poor Akiva, trading the crown of luxury for the crown of Torah. In these spell-binding pages, the story of Rachel, wife of the renowned Rabbi Akiva, is brought to life, based on the masterwork of Jewish history, Dorot Harishonim. A vibrant, appealing, and glowing novel, the reader is drawn in to an era long gone but whose spectacular holiness still touches us today. Read about the woman about whom Rabbi Akiva unequivocally declared, "Your Torah and my Torah is hers." Preschool children tell the story with childish wonder in their eyes, but in this fascinating, historical novel, Rabbi Akiva's devoted, exceptional wife comes alive to adult readers in a tangible, breath-taking way. Live the story of Rabbi Akiva's ascent from ignorant shepherd to legendary scholar, through the eyes and heart of his wife, Rachel. This inspiring, gripping, and epic novel, based on Talmudic sources, entertains even as it uplifts the reader.
|Link for Book Preview Tag||https://www.feldheim.com/FlexPaper/RachelWife/index.html|
|Number of pages||306|
|Binding type||Hard Cover|
- Wonderful book!I literally just finished this amazing book and it was such a pleasure to read. It brought the whole time period come alive. One of my favorite books now for sure.
- Beautiful book! a must readBeautifully written. Opens your eyes to what Rachel actually did and what power each and every woman has.
- A must read!!!This book is incredibly inspiring and uplifting. I normally don't go for fiction, even historical fiction such as this, but this book is so steeped in Truth that I couldn't put it down. Definitely one of the best books I've ever read - and I plan to read it again and again. I think it's out of print, but if you can get your hands on a copy, you're in for a treat!
- And Rachel was his Wifethis book is not only the story of Rachel rather,it is the story of each and every one of us.it weaves the threads of all types of Yidden during the destruction of the Bais Hamikdash into one unforgettable read!
- Excellent historical fiction workThis book brings the time period of Rabbi Akiva very much alive and is a pleasure to read. I used it in a Jewish History class and it was helpful in humanizing the period surrounding the destruction of the Beis HaMikdash.
- Really NecessaryIt really serves to fortify our Yahadut. Narrated very well and intriguing until the end. Very recommendable
- My Favorite BookThis book was one of the best books I've ever read. It portrayed the story of Rabbi Akiva in such a fascinating and engaging manner. I truly enjoyed this wonderful book and highly recommend it.
- Amazingthis book was one of the best written books that i have ever read! definitely worth reading!
Write Your Own Review