Yedias HaTorah - Step By Step
Yedias haTorah is a central yet sometimes forgotten component of being a serious lomeid Torah and talmid chacham. So many lomdim lack guidance in how to acquire yedias haTorah. The sefer in your hands, in the words of HaRav Ahron Lopiansky shlita, is “a much needed practical guide in how to turn ‘learning’ into ‘knowing.’ “
Yedias HaTorah is for you! Whether or not you have been successful at retaining your learning until now, the ideas and methods discussed in this sefer can help you greatly improve. If you are at the beginning of your journey as a serious lomeid Torah, this work can help establish proper attitudes and practices from the start. Additionally, melamdei Torah can use this sefer to significantly enhance the learning experience of their talmidim and to better understand a central struggle many of them are facing.
“Rav Dovid has successfully outlined an approach that even advanced lomdim can benefit from. This sefer is מעט הכמות ורב האיכות, full of עצה ותושיה, and I have no doubt that those who learn it seriously will grow in yedias and cheishek haTorah.”
HaRav Tzvi Kushelevsky shlita
“The sefer has beneficial ideas on how to deepen one’s understanding of learning and how to improve memory.”
HaRav Asher Weiss shlita
“A unique and wonderful sefer… that provides outstanding guidelines in this topic. Certainly anyone who studies this sefer will acquire methods of review. It is fit to be spread throughout the Jewish world.”
HaRav Nissan Kaplan shlita
|Author||Rabbi Dovid Schoonmaker|
|Publisher||Distributed by Feldheim|
|Number of pages||109|
|Binding type||Hard Cover|
- A true gift to those who desire to truly know TorahWords cannot express how grateful I am grateful for this book. I must make a confession; I’m no Rav Chaim. For years I have prayed to Hashem to help me improve in my learning, and have the Torah that I learn be part of me wherever I go, so it can always be on my lips, to be discussed with ease.
Hashem has finally answered my tefillos, and the tefillos of other knowledge-thirsty Jews, by putting wisdom into the mind of HaRav Dovid Schoonmaker Shlita, and gifting us with this book. This clear simple knowledge is something understandable and beneficial to anyone who desires to improve; whether you grew up in the Yeshiva world or are a fresh Baal Teshuvah; you will grow incredibly; that I can assure you. For just $16:99, it offers something more valuable than gold; a lifetime of increasing in knowing Hashem’s Torah.
- Organizes Learning with LoveRav Schoonmaker, Rosh Yeshiva at Shapell's/Darche Noam in Yerushalayim is one of the most caring educators I know. His love for both his talmidim and the Torah come through in this sefer. He helps organize our learning in a way designed to help us remember what we learn, and explains why this is so important. His unique "voice" comes through in this excellent book.
- Incredible, revolutionaryAn incredibly important approach to learning, rare these days and more relevant now than ever. This sefer will help to retain learning with practical steps and techniques
- Sefer that provides sounds advice for retaining your Torah learningUseful tips for anyone who wants to remember their learning better. A quick and easy read!
- Unbelievable resource!Provides much-needed chizzuk for anyone who wants to deeply internalize and delight in their Torah. A very worthwhile read.
- Great tool for creating structure for learning!After finishing my dedicated time learning in yeshiva, it was often difficult to create a structure for how to maintain a learning seder around work and other daily commitments. I found this book incredible helpful for giving direction on how to establish a schedule for learning and chazara. This sefer offers a practical approach, suggesting that although it might not be immediately possible to remember every detail, your learning can be structured in a way to incrementally maintain more and more of your Torah study.
- Critical Guide for anyone serious about learningRav Schoonmaker excellently explains the importance of yedias hatorah, and lays out a clear and concise guide with multiple strategies for learning, acquiring, attaining, and retaining your torah learning. I have learned a tremendous amount from this sefer, and believe that my yedias hatorah will continue to improve thanks to Rav Schoonmaker.
- for every serious learnerRav Schoonmaker sheds light on an important and often underemphasized area of limmud haTorah- actually knowing the Torah! It's an easy read, with clear and practical guidelines about how to achieve real results.
- Innovative, Helpful, Educational, EnlighteningRabbi Schoonmaker is a renowned Mechanech and Educator with many year of experience. In Yedias HaTorah-Step By Step, he explores the various ways to retain the knowledge and wisdom that we all try to permanently install in our heads. Forgetfulness, can be helpful sometimes, however, at other times it can be so frustrating. The priceless insight that Rabbi Schoonmaker beautifully gives over, is very telling of his mastery in this area. The book is the title, a step by step guide that holds your hand through the journey of remembering what you have learnt. I greatly benefited from this creative work, and am sure you will also!