What's Going On with my Mother?
What’s going on with my mother? fills this gap with a story that enables the adults in a child’s life help him or her navigate the many challenges they face when someone they love is not themselves. With gentle explanations offered by a loving Bubby, the story creatively answers all of a child’s questions and helps dispel false assumptions about mental health.
All the material in the book has been reviewed and approved by prominent rabbanim and by respected frum professionals in the world of mental health.
|Number of pages||32|
- Much needed resourceThe book explains in child-friendly language why mommy is 'not herself'.
It makes it understandable to have 'down days', whilst helping mom not be so hard on herself for feeling as she does.
By bringing this condition out in the open, Rivkah is helping our community positively deal with things that we used to 'sweep under the carpet'.
Kol hakavod Rivkah - keep up your good work!
- Realy Professional and informativeWow! What helpful information and such a pleasure to read. I was totally blown over by the infermation delivered in such a reader friendly and easy to follow way. Job well done!
- Thank youExcellent book. Beautifully presented and a helpful tool for the family.
- Brilliant!As a frum mental health counselor and mother, I can't recommend this book enough!! What a fantastic, sensitive, and necessary way to help normalize psychological disorders and bring awareness to the klal! Looking forward to all the sequels to use in my practice!
- Well thought outVery well done
Addresses a need in the community with good haskafah and sensitivity and respect
- SUPERB WORK!!The words in the story are so perfectly chosen. As an educator for many years, I can confidently state that the understanding level and explanation and realistic aspect of the story will be very beneficial and accepting to the children and families who read it. It tackles the subject maturely, yet it is very attainable for a young child, as well as an older one.
Rivka, may you continue to inspire and positively affect those who are fortunate to be on the receiving end of your talents!!!!
- A must have! For anyone in close contact with mental illnessMy children love the story, especially my oldest son- a 9 yr old. Very real description of what life is like living with a parent suffering from depression. Rivkah has done a tremendous service to the community with this book & I wish her loads of Hatzlacha.
- Very impressiveThis book is so beautifully written and gives encouragement to anyone who reads it. The important points of understanding depression are clear and given over gently and brilliantly. I’m beyond grateful this book exists! Thank you R Kaufman for filling this need.
- So valuableBreaking the stigma around mental illness has been a giant leap forward for the Jewish world. Rivka Kaufman's book continues this essential process. The hashkafos are so clear and real; the child's questions so real and normal - an important resource for all parents. (Because if it isn't happening to them, it's happening to someone down the street.)
- Thank you! The frum world needed this!Thank you for writing what i needed to hear and for my children to understand! I hope Rivka will put out more books on other taboo subjects!