The Original Second Temple
Before Josephus and before Herod, the original Second Beis Hamikdash stood in Yerushalayim for over three centuries. It is this structure that is described in Maseches Middos and will serve as our guide to the construction of the Third Beis Hamikdash.
The Original Second Temple by Yoav Elan explores the layout and design of the pre-Herodian Beis Hamikdash in exquisite detail like never before.
- A comparison of the Herodian and pre-Herodian structures
- Clear explanations of each part of the Beis Hamikdash
- Extensive footnotes to source each fact
- Over 130 full-color computer renderings and diagrams
- Appendices with detailed analysis and mathematical formulations
- Complete annotated floor plan of the Beis Hamikdash Prepare for the coming of Mashiach — today!
Yoav Elan is the author and illustrator of ArtScroll’s Tractate Middos for the Schottenstein Talmud, Yad Avraham Mishnah Series, and The Mishnah Elucidated. He has been studying and teaching about the Beis Hamikdash for over 20 years. He lives in Baltimore where he is a member of Kollel Avodas Levi at the Ner Israel Rabbinical College.
|Dimensions||7 x 10|
|Publisher||Distributed by Feldheim|
|Number of pages||276|
|Binding type||Hard Cover|