The Guide to Lashon Hakodesh
As low as $24.99
Categories: School Texts Kriah and Grammar
Learn Hebrew easily and rapidly with this convenient, self-paced, step-by-step guide. Especially designed to teach the fundamentals, The Guide to Lashon Hakodesh Series enables you to quickly build a basic vocabulary, understand the structure and meaning of words, along with the fundamentals of grammar. Volume One’s focus is on mastering the basics of the Hebrew language, while Volume Two’s focus is on mastering the structure of Hebrew verb forms. Both volumes come with detailed Answer Books for all the exercises that appear in the text. This user-friendly series allows you to advance at your own pace. You’ll enjoy your learning and take pleasure in your progress. Join the thousands who have benefited from this unique course. Why not begin today and become a master of the Hebrew language?
|Publisher||Distributed by Feldheim|
- clearly and thoughtfully presented guided learningMy friend and I are studying Hebrew together, and we absolutely love this series! Each lesson presents a set of vocabulary and a basic concept, giving multiple examples of its application in a step-by-step process. At the end of each chapter is a summary of previous concepts followed by a series of exercises to practice the new concept, apply previous concepts, and then apply learning to reading. The answer booklet at the back of each volume shows how EVERY answer is arrived at in a step-by-step manner together with a page number where the concept is explained in the book. An unbelievable learning and teaching material!
- Easy to use and very informativeEasy to use and very informative, but when are you coming out with separate workbooks?
- The BestI am currently teaching my 3rd Hebrew Class and this is the best! It is a joy to learn and teach from. Rabbi Marcuson has anticipated everything a student might stumble on. He's got it covered.
This is the book we started on after learning the letters and vowels. We used another primer for that. What we call the "Tan Book" but it's actually Teach Yourself to Read Hebrew by Simon& Anderson. In retrospect, and in future beginner classes, I will teach the students the letters and vowels and then go right into this set. It is awesome! I am confident that if you buy this set, study it for yourself incrementally, you will have significant breakthroughs along the way and the Tenach in the Original and the Siddur will open up to you . Be ready to be very pleased. Happy Learning!
- Great BookI was amazed at how fast I learnt Lashon Hakodesh with this book.
it is truly amazing.
- this book is awesomeThis book was extremely helpful Baruch Hashem.
- Excellent book. Gave my Hebrew comprehension an incredible boost.This book helped incredibly with my understanding of the Chumash. I have been going through the Chumash every year reading it twice in the Hebrew along with a translation. All of a sudden I could understand it the first time without resorting to the translation. I really like that the translation exercises are textually based.
- Fantastic workRabbi Marcuson has done a beautiful job teaching loshon hakodesh. The lessons are clear and so practical. If one diligently works through these two editions his/her skills will increase 100 fold.
- Foundation in learningI wanted to try this book out to further improve my Hebrew grammar and since it was a newly published book I decided why not and gave it a chance. I have a few other grammar books that I won't mention here but they are also highly regarded as well and this seems to be my favorite. This book connected the dots for me for concepts I was having trouble with as well as made certain rules more clear to me than some of the other books did. In addition, it was fun to learn from (maybe because the pacing is so spot on in this book as the rules are laid out so appropriately). I will also be using this book as a reference guide due to this fact as well.
The author went a step above other grammar books in organization, presentation, and content. When you see it you will know what I mean. He gets rid of the clutter in learning which is essential when establishing a foundation in learning.
Like the reviewer above I'm about to start book 2 and expect to be further impressed.
I would also like to thank the author for the hard work that goes into publishing this series.
- In a class of its ownI'm writing this review right before buying volume 2, because volume 1 was so good. I am basing this review on my experience with the earlier edition of vol.1, which I bought in Jerusalem this summer.
I have been working on teaching myself classical Hebrew for over a year. This is one of two approaches (R' Shalom Gold's Pirchei Shoshanim is the other) that gets right into the most useful information and explains it incredibly clearly. I state unequivocally that R' Marcuson's book is the best that I have seen, and I have tried dozens of books. If you go step by step and make use of the thoughtful review of rules at the end of each lesson (practice and review is always crucial), then you will learn the foundation well. You will also make rapid progress, because in this book you don't get bogged down in esoteric grammatical clutter that's not relevant at the beginning. What's here are the most important tools to get going - and to my mind it's now hard to understand how any other approach could possibly make sense. He is clearly as a master teacher and a great deal of care and thought has gone into this book. I can see why my rabbis said the yeshiva guys rave about this book.
Thank you for publishing volume 2! I am very much looking forward to learning it.
Write Your Own Review