Rising! The Book of Challah
Rebbetzin Rochie Pinson shares the experiences and insights she has gleaned during decades spent perfecting the art of challah baking and teaching challah workshops around the world. In her wise, warm, and humorous voice, she guides the reader through every step of the rewarding process of making challah.
- Section I: The Story of Challah.
Musings on challah as a recipe for life
- Section II: The Cookbook.
The most comprehensive guide to challah-baking ingredients, equipment, and techniques ever published.
- 38 unique, time-tested challah recipes, including gluten-free oat challah, sourdough challah, spinach-ricotta challah, a challah for each Jewish holiday (such as apple-and-honey challah), challahs from around the world (such as Yemenite kubaneh and lachoch), plus recipes for leftover dough and challah, and many more!
- 37 illustrated braiding techniques with step-by-step instructions.
- Over 75 gorgeous, full-color photographs
- Section III: Laws & Customs of Challah. A fascinating compendium of the history, customs, laws, and significance of challah in Judaism
This is the book for beginners and experts alike. Nothing intimidating or complicated here, every recipe is meant to be used, cherished, and passed on to the next generation of challah bakers.
|Publisher||Distributed by Feldheim|
|Number of pages||352|
|Binding type||Hard Cover|
- This book is a treasure!!WOW!! No words to describe this gem of a book! I bought one for my mother, mother in law, newly married niece, my kids teachers and everyone else I wanted to gift for the new year. INCREDIBLE book! Fun,easy reading, magnificent pictures, clear instructions. Im not a fancy baker but everything looks so good and so do-able, I think im going to start becoming one. BUY THIS BOOK! Price is amazing too.