Knowing G-d's Plan: Daas Tevunos
Da'as Tevunos was written by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto (RaMCHaL) the author of the Mesilas Yesharim (Path of the Just). It is considered by many to be his most important work. It deals with fundamental questions like the existence of good and evil, Divine justice and the Messianic era. It is a profound work with an unparalleled ability to strengthen a person’s faith giving him a clear understanding of how G-d directs the events of the world and what He wants from us. It is a book that can totally transform a person’s life.
This classic work explains how G-d created the universe and continuously maintains its existence; how He runs every single detail of this world of good and evil, guiding it inevitably toward perfection; and His special relationship with the Jewish people and how He will redeem and return His presence to rest among them.
Features a new, flowing, readable translation, with extensive notes, a topical index and helpful summaries throughout.
"The sefer Daas Tevunos is unique in its ability to give a person true faith, helping him to gain a profound understanding of its fundamental principles… May this holy sefer guide our generation in emuna just as the ‘Mesilas Yesharim’ guides us in mussar."
Rabbi Shlomo Wolbe zt”l
"The holy sefer Daas Tevunos…. its source is from the highest realms of holiness, the words of one who is wise in the hidden wisdom, in order to strengthen our faith with knowledge and understanding."
–The Steipler Gaon zt”l
" 'Know that everything is contained within it.' This means that the entire structure of the true Torah outlook concerning man, the creation and the ways of G-d is contained within it."
–Rabbi Eliyahu Dessler zt”l
"I have personally witnessed the powerful effect this sefer has. Through it, one is able to acquire a deep and clear understanding of the world, and to strengthen one’s ability to serve G-d. I have heard people saying, 'The sefer Daas Tevunos has transformed me into a different person, a whole new world has been opened up before me.' "
–Rav Chaim Friedlander zt”l
|6" X 9"
|Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto
|Rabbi Mordechai Rose
|Number of pages
- kol hakavodMuch needed, amazing!
- OutstandingSuch an important work now easily accessible for the English reader. The translation is beautiful and chapter summaries are superb. Highly recommended!
- Answers many8 questions I had with Derech HashemI've basically just started Daas Tevunos, but already I see that this work goes into the fundamental questions we all have about the way that Hashem judges our world individually and collectively. There is much to be gleaned from such a Sefer and I look forward to continue the read for which I waited a long time to acquire. I would say that ideally one should acquire Derech Hashem as a starter text on fundamental ideas working your way to and through Daas tevunos. I highly recommend both.
- At last a fully understandable work in the queens EnglishRabbi Rose is to be praised for bringing this chashivus work into the english speaking world.
- Rabbi Rose's praisesRabbi Rose is a tremendous Oved Hashem and lives up to the lofty standards of the Ramchal.
There isn't a better candidate to translate this very spiritual work!