Gateway to Shemittah
A Comprehensive and Practical Guide to Shemittah
Extensively Revised and Updated for Shemittah 5775
Categories: Jewish Law - Mitzvos
The Shemittah year is fast approaching and with it come many questions:
- What is a prozbul and how will it help me collect my loans?
- I live in New York; my son says that I have to send my esrog back to Israel because of biur. What’s going on?
- I have a bottle of wine that says Otzar Beis Din on it. Can I use it for havdalah?
- How do I take care of my pomegranate tree or my indoor potted plant?
- Do flowers need to be kosher?
- Detailed information on how to buy fruits and vegetables during Shemittah
- Delineation of the boundaries of Eretz Yisrael concerning Shemittah laws, including a map
- Many more practical halachos, with new user-friendly footnotes
|Rabbi Dovid Marchant
|Number of pages
- recommended for Jewish librariesMany contemporary issues are addressed here that people will find both interesting and surprising. Source lists, a glossary and index at the back of the book are very helpful, and the footnotes are clear and easily referenced. All the parts of this books book make a whole that is a good resource for students and teachers. This book is recommended for Jewish libraries.
Write Your Own Review