Now you can master Nach with ease!
Journey Through Nach features the following:
- Chapter summaries on every chapter in Nach, with insights of commentaries interwoven throughout
- Over 100 divrei Torah on themes and concepts of Nach
- Charts, Maps, Timelines, and a reference to every Haftarah
- A selection of comprehensive essays explaining some of the more misunderstood areas in Nach including: Witchcraft, King Shaul's suicide, hereditary punishment, predicting Moshiach's arrival, free will, and King David's marriage with Batsheva.
Includes endorsements by leading rabbinic authorities and a foreword by Rabbi Zev Leff.
- ITEM #: 7129
- Weight: 3.7430 lbs
- Binding: Hard Cover / 805 pages
- Published by: Distributed by Feldheim
I bought this book as an accompaniment to learning Nach. It has helped me understand Nach in a new and meaningful way through the Summaries.it is clearly written and easy to use. It has changed the way I have learnt Nach. I would highly recommend it.
i always wanted a book that would help me understand Nevi'im and Ketuvim better. The Hebrew is hard to understand and even the English translation does not go far enough to explain what was really going on.
I like this book because it goes through every chapter of the entire Nevi'im and Ketuvim and tells me what it is about - not only the actual text, but what the commentators say.
It is clear and easy to read, yet it has depth. And the final essays are also very informative.
Overall I am very happy. it would also make a good gift
The task of learning all of Nach seems daunting, especially as it is often not focused upon as a core part of the Jewish learning curriculum. Rabbi Fine's book provides the reader with a clear, informative, uplifting method of going through the prophets and writings; it is truly a Journey through Nach. We Jews should know Tanach well, not just Chumash, and this book is the solution to this problem. Kol Hakavod!
I also saw parts of the manuscript: the in-depth sections are tremendous - key issues and topics discussed and sourced. I am excited to finally understand the goings on of Iyov and Mishlei too!
I had a look at the sample and found it clearly-written, helpful and great at summarizing and adding depth