Exclusive Photos! 89 Years of Inspiration – The Daf Yomi: A Pictorial History
As the Jewish World prepares for the Siyum Hashas, we are excited to offer you a historical glimpse at pictures from the past 89 years of the Daf Yomi enterprise. Excerpted from the new book The Daf Yomi: A Pictorial History, these pictures will connect you to the Daf Yomi learners of the past and hopefully….of the future!
- Rav Meir Shapiro – founder of the Daf Yomi learning system
From the second siyum of the Daf Hayomi
The second Siyum of the Daf Hayomi
- An ad in a NY newspaper featuring telegram from the brother of the Gerrer Rebbe calling for more people to join the Daf Hayomi learning program. (1950). Other Rebbes are also mentioned as well.
An ad for the 1950 Siyum
- The Ponevezher Rav speaks at the Daf Hayomi Siyum in 1950 at Heichal Hatalmud
- An ad for the 1997 Siyum in NY
- Daf Hayomi Siyum – NY 1997
- 10th Daf Hayomi Siyum – NY 1997
- The last siyum in Israel – with Gedolei Yisroel (2005)